The GreenWay Steering Committee consists of Council and community representatives and is the peak governing body overseeing the implementation of the Cooks River to Iron Cove GreenWay MasterPlan & Coordination Strategy.
The committee consists of representatives from the four GreenWay councils at a councillor and staff level, the Friends of the GreenWay, Inner West Environment Group, Bicycle User Groups and local community representatives. The Terms of Reference for the GreenWay Steering Committee have been formally adopted by all 4 GreenWay Councils and outline all roles and responsibilities.
The role of the GreenWay Steering Committee is to:
- Provide strategic direction for the GreenWay
- Be a united forum for the GreenWay
- Guide and implement the Cooks River to Iron Cove MasterPlan & Coordination Strategy
- To act as an advisory panel for GreenWay Projects
- To provide advocacy on GreenWay issues, especially in relation to biodiversity, bushcare, and active transport
- To communicate the GreenWay to the wider community, including, state and local government and agencies.
- To be a centralised source of information for the GreenWay.
The Committee meets approximately five times a year on a Monday evening from 4.30pm – 6.30pm. Agendas and minutes are circulated to members.
For more information about the GreenWay Steering Committee email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0417 402 043